Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thrift store EEL!!!!

Hello Peeps, 

I'm currently sick AGAIN!! For the fifteenth time.. lol At least that's how I feel. i mean seriously how long can one person be sick from a cold/flu. I have been fighting this SUPER BUG since my birthday in JANUARY!  Ok enough with me gripping about poor me and my horrible immune system. 

You all know I LOVE me some thrift store shopping. This past week I went to lunch with a friend and had time to kill afterward. I needed to go to staple for a few offices simple i needed but hate purchasing, printer ink being one of them. Right next door to Staples is Goodwill, now I tend to stay how from Goodwill since it has changed a lot over the years, they are not considered a thrift store in my eyes based on their prices and the fact they seem to have Target items at a high price then Target. I was curious how this came to be and come to find out each location is responsible for pricing. This made perfect sense is let’s consider my recent purchase.

I had time to waste before I picked up little miss C from school so I went into Goodwill and did my normal perimeter search of something that I needed or could re-purpose. My first find was this cute little basket the perfect size for my out going mail (no price), then I see this box and all I read was paper on it. I'm a huge stationary hoarder and blame my grandmother for this obsession. Well come to find out it was a calligraphy set $4.00, with direction, paper and envelopes. Something I could not pass up so into my arms it went with the perfect basket for out going mail. Did see anything else that caught my eye my last stop was the purse section, I have never purchased a purse from Goodwill but always look just because you never know what you will find. I was just about give up when a braided brown handle caught my eye. When I took a look at the rest of the bag I new it was made from something that cost a lot at the time of purchase, but I didn't know what it was made out of.  




I checked the purse out making sure there were no marks or snags on the outside and inside, and on the inside was one single tag that read MADE FROM REAL EEL SKIN. REALLY I thought… EEL skin this is gross but I absolutely loved how the handle was and how the purse closed and for $5.00 how can you go wrong.  So I purchased it along with my paper the basket I could buy because for what ever reason they cannot sell you something without a tag on it… this irked me.  I spent a total of $9.00 on paper and a eel skin purse. The logic of the price is bizarre if you ask me. There were some other purses there that we not made well and with imitation material priced high then this purse that looked brand new.  



Moral of this long store is a purchased my first animal made purse and I had to look to see how eel skin is made and I was shocked to see it’s made from the ugliest bottom feeder there is, so now I don’t feel so bad and started using my new purse.


Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment